Personal Data refers to any information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number or any data that can be used to identify you.
Who is the data controller for this website?
The data controller for this website www.asli.org.uk is the Board of Association of Sign Language Interpreters, (ASLI), Four Winds House, Balderton, Chester, CH4 9LF.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect information from you when you fill out a membership application form, when you send us an email or purchase a product/service from us. The types of information and uses are explained below.
We may use information to: offer personalised updates when you use the website; notify you of changes; and ask your opinions to help us improve ASLI.
The type of data ASLI may hold may include:
- email address,
- telephone number,
- business name,
- information about which membership/products you have purchased from us and when you purchased them,
- any feedback you may have given,
- banking information if a payment is processed through BACS,
- payment information held on Go-cardless, Paypal or Stripe,
- IP addresses.
ASLI may use your information to:
- administer your membership,
- provide and manage your access to our website,
- communicate with you about membership, research, and other activities,
- provide services you have requested,
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide,
- notify you of changes to our services,
- conduct in-house research and statistical analysis,
- allow you to participate in features of our service, when you choose to do so,
- to communicate regarding products/services that may be of interest to you. These may include information, direct marketing about industry trends, event activities and training opportunities.
Linking to other websites
All information that ASLI holds about you will be held and processed by ASLI strictly in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR. Your personal information will be securely stored, for no longer than is necessary having regard to the reasons for which it was first collected, in our database, in the form of paper and electronic files. ASLI protects the privacy of your information using secure servers and locked cabinets and can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
Access to your information
You have a right to request a copy of any information held about you or ask us to delete it. If you wish to do this, please contact The ASLI Board, explaining that you wish to review your personal information. You need to provide appropriate identification that proves you are the correct person to request the information.
ASLI will keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose that it was collected or to comply with any legal reporting.
Changes to this policy
Complaints or queries
If you think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate please contact us.
Four Winds House
Email [email protected]
Telephone: 01244 573644