- This event has passed.
Online CPD: Survival Kit for Interpreters Working From Home
17th November 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm£30.00 – £45.00
Presenter: Diana Gross (Terphealth)
This workshop will assist interpreters who are providing interpreting services from home with insight and various methods to sustain their emotional well-being, as well as the quality of their work. It will cover the unique challenges of interpreting from home or working primarily alone in the community; what is and is not within an interpreter’s control; the importance of self-leadership when working independently; the importance of mission and vision; self-care to sustain working from home; and the importance of establishing and maintaining a connection with people and colleagues to identify how to do this safely with current world events.
– Participant will identify unique factors working from home can present for an interpreter that may contribute to emotional stress.
– Participant will articulate areas that are within an interpreter’s control, and those that are outside of an interpreter’s control.
– Participant will define the difference between stress, vicarious trauma, burnout and moral injury.
– Participant will identify ways to utilize ‘self-leadership’ when working independently outside of the center.
– Participant will recall and understand the importance of utilizing the Employer’s Mission and Vision statement to support a sense of purpose and value in one’s work.
– Participants will articulate personal work-related vision and mission.
– Participants will discuss how increased work satisfaction can facilitate a reduction in levels of work stress.
– Paticipants will articulate the importance of connection with others, including colleagues to help support emotional well-being and success.
– Participants will outline self-care strategies to sustain working long-term from home.