- This event has passed.
Access to Work (ATW): what to know, consider and do (Part 2)
October 2 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree – £25
Please note that this seminar builds on, and will refer to, some of the content from Access to Work (ATW): what to know, consider and do (Part 1). It’s recommended that you watch this, and have a look at the updated slides, before this webinar. You can find the Part 1 webinar here: https://asli.org.uk/cpd/webinars/
In this webinar, Darren Townsend-Handscomb (an interpreter who also runs DeafATW.com) will explore:
1. Recent changes / improvements to applying for ATW, for;
- Communication Support at Interview (CSI)
- New Applications for ATW
2. ATW paperwork including what to include on your invoices.
3. ATW fraud – how to avoid, and what to do if you can’t.
4. Ethics, charging & cancellations.
5. The cap, and other restrictions to deaf people’s budgets.
6. Managing ATW workload – variability, short notice changes,
7. ATW interpreter non-interpreting time, ATW admin, interpreter booking admin.
8. Considering similarities & differences between being a designated interpreter & an ATW interpreter.
9. DeafATW as a resource.
‘Where possible I’ll address your questions, concerns, confusions, and learning you’ve found useful. So please email me to share them at email@example.com now (that way you won’t forget!), or by Monday 22ndSeptember at the latest.’