- This event has passed.
ASLI AGM – 2023
November 5 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Our annual general meeting 2023 will be held at
Cutler’s Hall, Sheffield, on 5th November 2023, 10:00-16:00.
PLEASE NOTE: Online registration is now closed. If you would like to attend in person or online (and receive the link) please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. You can register up until the evening of 4th November via email.
Attendance is free for members, but we would kindly ask you to book so we have your details for your certificates and dietary requirements.
Timings and agenda as follows:
An open space session on the topic of “capacity building- how can we make the profession more sustainable”: The numbers of NRCPD registered interpreters are growing, but at a much lower rate than the demand is rising.
Trainee numbers this year are worryingly low, and training providers are struggling to fill their courses, while the BSL Act, recent media attention and the increase of VRS interpreting are creating an ever-increasing demand and pressure on colleagues, leading to burnout, early retirement etc. In addition, we have limited data on service user numbers and geographical spread of clients and communication professionals.
- What can we do, as individuals, and as an organisation, to facilitate growth in our sector, and to support colleagues staying in the profession?
- Who do we know who could help us?
- What resources are required?
- Are there synergies we could tap into, funds we could access?
- Do we have any contacts internationally that have gone through similar issues?
- What research is out there, where are the gaps, and who could fill them?
We hope to make a start at answering some of these questions and more, to eventually establish a working group and develop a project on the topic.
The day, including the AGM, will be worth 6 CPD points.
Virtual attendance via zoom for the AGM will be possible, but not for the afternoon CPD session.