- This event has passed.
West Midlands – Emergency First Aid at Work including Paediatrics
19th November 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm£50.00 – £60.00
A one-day course in basic first aid. Places are limited so book early to ensure your attendance.
This course will take place at All Saints Action Network, All Saints Road, Wolverhampton WV2 1EL.
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Cross infection
- Recording incidents & actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assessing an incident
- Unconscious casualties (including seizures)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Safe use of an Automated External Defibrillator choking
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
Please note Attendees must arrive in good time to start the course, as they will not be able to join the class if they are late.
Please wear loose fitting clothing and flat shoes as our courses involve practical activities, and we want attendees to feel comfortable.
It is important to remember that the duties of a first aider can be physically demanding, so attendees must be free from any condition that will affect their participation in the course and their capability to carry out a first aider’s duties. For example, individuals must be able to physically kneel on the floor and administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).