- This event has passed.
Free webinar for ASLI members: “ATW: what to know, consider and do” by Darren Townsend-Handscomb
2nd July 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
In this webinar, aimed at those relatively new to working in ATW settings, Darren Townsend-Handscomb (an interpreter who also runs DeafATW.com) will explore all things ATW, potentially including:
1. ATW basics
2. ATW paperwork including what to include on your invoices.
3. Being booked direct v. being booked through an agency.
5. ATW fraud – how to avoid, and what to do if you can’t.
6. Ethics, charging & cancellations
7. The cap, and other restrictions to deaf people’s budgets.
8. Conversations with your ATW customers
9. DeafATW as a resource
We can’t cover all of this in an hour, so what we cover will be structured around what you want and need to know. To achieve this, please send questions, concerns, confusions, learning you’d like to share, etc. to [email protected]i.org.uk by Wednesday 5th June.
If there’s interest in everything, then we’ll offer this as a part one & part two workshop. Part one focussing on points 1-5, and part 2 on points 6-9.