- This event has passed.
CANCELLED – Introduction to Music Interpreting – CEA region
April 18 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
[ This course has been cancelled due to the ongoing coronavirus situation. Performance Interpreting will contact you if you have booked. They hope to rearrange later in the year. Please contact them direct for information: [email protected] ]
This has been arranged with the Centra Anglia region to be in their area. However, it is not an ‘ASLI’ course. COST: £120 –
Booking Form: Please click this link to download: Introduction to Music Interpreting 18th April 2020
This course is specifically for TSLI, RSLT, RSLI’s, wanting to explore Music Interpreting in a safe creative environment.
Training in this specific field has not been available until now. An Introduction to Music Interpreting intends to give delegates an insight into the key skills required for interpreting music. It will explore strategies to meet the needs of the audience and the demands of working with the music industry and live music. Participants will explore, discuss and engage in practical exercises exploring reflecting music through performance, emotion, body language and musicality.
The course will cover:
- Music and the mind
- The journey – preparation and task focused
- Musicality – Practical Session Group Work
- The translation process BSL, SSE & VV
- Deaf Perspective / Customer journey
- Toolbox of strategies
- Performance – The art of musicality, emotional investment
- Performance – Practical session individual work
- The infrastructure of the music industry
- Professional practices- LAM & Media
- Next Steps – Mentoring
On completion of the workshop Interpreters will:
- Understand the journey and skills required for interpreting music.
- Considered and explore sample translations
- Been given an opportunity to participate in exercises group and individual to explore and develop performance skills.
- Gained a greater insight into the demands of the music industry