- This event has passed.
Scotland Region Training – Professional Boundaries
November 29 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
ASLI Scotland is excited to announce that we are having a training session on Professional Boundaries by Dr Sally Austen.
Date: Wednesday 29th November 2023
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Where: Online (link to be shared soon)
Dr Sally Austen is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist who has worked in NHS Deaf mental health services for over 30 years. In her private work she provides mental health training and supervision to sign language interpreters.
Sally’s training events are packed full of information but are also very reassuring at a personal level.
With an energetic and solution focused style, she creates a safe space to explore challenging issues.
The training introduction will cover:
- Why is it so hard to follow a Code of Conduct?
- How to create a workable ‘contract’ when everyone has different Expectations?
- Contracted responsibility versus moral responsibility: where is the line?
- Are interpreters required to fill the gaps in other service provision (e.g. social care)?
- When does Reflective Practice become overly self-critical?
- Personal safety, Assertiveness and Resilience
If you wish to attend and need a BSL Interpreter, please let us know in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you there.