- This event has passed.
Domestic Violence – Interpreter Training (Zoom)PT1
6th October 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm£65.00
Domestic Violence – Interpreter Training: – Zoom
“At the beginning, I wasn’t aware of some of the stuff that goes on. Now, I have a heightened awareness of domestic violence and how to spot it.” – Danielle Jones
Expert training from a qualified IDVA and Deaf interpreter with lived experience
Then this course is for you!
As a Deaf Independent Domestic Violence Advocate (IDVA), a Deaf interpreter and a survivor of domestic violence, I am in a unique position to understand domestic violence from each of these different perspectives. The training I provide explores the issue of domestic violence from a professionals role (e.g IDVAs and others working in the sector), as an interpreter but also as a survivor and how it feels to access services. This will help interpreters to fully consider the impact of their work.
– Group discussion around dilemmas, safety for interpreters
– Exploring and developing domain specific BSL vocabulary, terminology and jargon
– Physical and psychological effects of domestic violence and abuse
– The power and control wheel
– 8 different types of perpetrators
– Coercive Behaviour
– Harassment and Stalking
– Clare’s Law
– Court – what happens?
– Meetings with Social Services
– Video RelayInterpreting and victims
Book now to secure your place!
Domestic Violence Interpreter Training: 6th and 13th October 2021 – Zoom
Session 1: Wednesday 6th October 2021 – 3 hours: 6pm-9pm
Session 2: Wednesday 13th October 2021 – 3 hours: 6pm-9pm
CPD: 6 Structured Points (2 x 3 hours session) – Certificates will be provided.