- This event has passed.
West Midlands Regional Meeting- Multicultural London English
26th March 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
West Midlands Regional Meeting – Proposed agenda:
- Feedback for consultation day – Carol Sutton will be taking our feedback to the board on 30th March, please have a look at the advertising policy which is out for feedback if you haven’t already done so. https://www.asli.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ASLIadvertising-policy-2018.pdf
- Keeping you in touch – ASLI regional and national updates.
- Multicultural London English – Facilitated by Selina Jaques.
- Do you ever feel like young people are speaking a different language? It could be that they are using Multicultural London English, or Urban English. Selina is going to run us through a few examples and the meaning of these phrases, with some discussion after. It’s important for us as interpreters to keep on top of language, whether that be domain specific terminology or as language evolves in society. Please do bring real life examples for discussion.
- Social – Chance for a catch up with colleagues.
Please send in any other requests for the agenda.
This is a free event for Members Only.